As people are adopting technology in their everyday life, our children are, too. I am one of the parents who face difficulty in limiting my children’s screen time. Let’s face it! These gadgets take away precious family time and I am so relieved to have found Kidslox App.
Why do we need to limit children’s screen time?
- Not Getting Enough Exercise – When kids are too busy with gadgets, chances are, they lack the urge to move around and exercise. They become too preoccupied with what they’re watching that they forget the urge to play and exercise. And, we all that’s bad for health.
- Too Much Exposure to Radiation – We know that mobile phones, tablets, and other gadgets emit high amounts of radiation. These emissions will most likely cause cancer. The American Cancer society thus recommends limiting the child’s screen time.
- Eye Strain – Longer screen time can contribute to eye strain, blurry vision, eye fatigue, focus issues and double vision.
- Risks Toddler’s Development – According to a study, there is a negative impact on the cognitive development of kids aged 2-3 years old who uses too much screen time. Kids should develop their motor, visual and spatial skills at this age and spending it more on gadgets is not helping.
- Poor Posture – Kids tend to develop poor posture since most gadgets are hand-held. These behaviours may cause back pain, subluxations, misaligned spine or other health issues.
It is imperative, that as parents, we limit their screen time. Good thing I found the Kidslox App. This is an app you can download on your mobile phones to control your children’s screen time.
What are the major features of Kidslox?
- Individual App Blocking – You can block individual applications and disables internet access to disruptive applications out there. Moreover, you can block more than 30 applications.
- Content Blocking – You can choose which URL’s to block especially sexually explicit or violent webpages. In addition, you can also enable Youtube Restricted Mode to protect your kids from watching suggested disruptive videos.
- Daily Limits – You have the ability to set how many hours your kids are allowed to watch each day. It also allows you to set screen time for each app individually as well as setting different screen time daily.
- Location Tracking – Yet, the best part is it also allows you to track your kid’s allocation.
- Childproofing – Your kids will not be able to uninstall the app without your pin code. Make sure the pin code stays with you.
- Multiple Devices – You can add multiple devices depending on your plan.
To find out more about this application, visit Kidslox. It’s a good thing a 3-day trial is available for you to check how awesome this app is.
How to Download and Install Kidslox?
- Simply go to Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Search for the app, Kidslox, and download.
- Register your account using your email.
- Set a Pin Code.
- On your child’s gadget, install Kidslox. Use the same email you used in creating the account.
- Set it as Child Mode. A QR code will be given.
- Consequently, download QR scanner if you haven’t yet on your phone, and scan the QR code in your child’s phone. After successful scanning, it will automatically show on the list your kid’s mobile phone.
- Start setting limits.
What’s the Pricing for Kidslox?
Basically, there is a free plan subject to some limitations. I have tried the free plan but ultimately ended up with a premium subscription.
Wait! Here’s a great deal. You can get lifetime subscriptions of these at a much lower price.
Premium (Lifetime Subscription): One Time Fee of 99.99USD
Basic (Lifetime Subscription): One Time Fee of 79.99 USD
If you find this blog useful, don’t forget to share! For more of my reviews, click here.
Disclaimer: This is not an advertisement. Just sharing parenting tips to help struggling parents out there.