In America alone, there are nearly 53 million Americans who work as freelancers. The Philippines is also following the trend with more people ditching the 9-5 job to freelancing for various reasons. Indeed, this has become ideal for quite a number of Filipinos. I am sharing with you the steps on how to create your Upwork profile.
When you decide to give your freelancing work a go, the first thing you’ll consider is what platform you are going start with. Up work is by far the most popular. In 2014, Elance and Odesk merged and Upwork was born. Since then, freelancers from all over the globe, as well as employers, uses the platform. If you are new to freelancing and wanted to start your career with Up Work, here are the steps to set up your profile.
How To Create Your Upwork Profile:
- Create an account. — Fill out all the pertinent information. All should be true and correct especially the payment methods or bank account numbers where you will receive your payment.
- Upload a profile picture. — Make sure your profile picture looks professional. No nudity allowed. Your profile picture can add to your chances of landing a job. It is because its employers won’t be inclined to give you a chance at an interview if your headshot photo looks unprofessional.
- Create a job title. — This appears next to your name so make sure you have a pretty good job title there. For example “Your Social Media Rockstar” or “Website Designer Guru”. Employers will see this and this adds to your overall success in landing a job.
- Create an overview. — Employers will check this to see if you have the skills for the position. A comprehensive description of your strengths and skills, projects, accomplishments, education should be included. Keep it short and free of errors.
- Take the Upwork tests. — There are UpWork tests you can take depending on your skills. Allow the test results to be posted in your profile. If you did not get a good score, you can always keep it hidden and retry the test some other time. This can also help with you getting the job.
After all this, you are all set. You can click on the FIND WORK tab to see the latest job postings or you can search for your ideal job in the search bar. Once you found a job, hit SUBMIT THE PROPOSAL, answer the questions if there are any or send your resume. Now, it is all up to you. Goodluck with your job hunting.