Everyone needs a break from school or from work especially that we have been spending most of our time working or studying. And now that it’s summer, the conditions are perfect. Our destination: Camiguin Island.
Fast Facts about Camiguin Island:
- The island takes the form of a pear with a total land area of only 238 kilometers in the northwest coast of Mindanao.
- Camiguin Island has the smallest population in Region X. Second smallest population in the Philippines.
- This volcanic island is known as “Born of Fire” because it has seven volcanoes. It is the only island that hs a characteristic like this in Southeast Asia.
- The volcano, Mt Hibok-Hibok, erupted in 1871 which cause a cemetery to sunk, now called Sunken Cemetery.
- It is considered to have the best diving spots in the world getting the no. 7 spot.
How to get to Camiguin Island:
From the city of Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental, Balingoan port is 88.8 kilometers away. It would be an hour and 49-minute travel by bus or private vehicle. If you are traveling through a motorcycle or a bus, click here for the updated fare matrix 2019 for cargo.
- Regular – Php 205.00
- Children (3-11 years old) – Php 102.00
- Senior Citizen – Php 163.20
- Student – Php 163.20
Here are the recommended places to stay in the Island:
- YSLA Beach Camp and Eco Resort
- Camiguin Volcan Houses
- Lanzones Cabana
- Camiguin Volcano Houses
- Camiguin Volcano Beach Eco Retreat & Dive Resort
- Bintana sa Paraiso
- Hilltop Bed & Breakfast
- Balai sa Baibai
- Tongatok Resort
Recommended Places To Explore in Camiguin:
Sto. Nino Cold Spring
Camiguin is indeed an island full of wonders. The hot and cold spring; beautiful and majestic waterfalls; pristine beaches, and the rich underwater marine life makes Camiguin one of the most sought after islands to visit in the Philippines.
You may want to visit Villa Arcadia, a home away from home, in Talisayan, Misamis Oriental. The pristine waters and white beaches are to die for.